Women’s charity dumps Russell Brand within hours of bombshell Dispatches documentary: Trevi ‘ends association’ with comic saying ‘we are deeply saddened and upset’ by revelations
A charity working to end violence against women has cut its ties with Russell Brand after he was accused of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse.
Last night, a string of bombshell allegations were made against the 48-year-old star accusing him of the abusive and predatory behaviour between 2006 and 2013.
Brand has denied all claims, adding any relationships were ‘consensual’.
Following the devastating allegations published in The Sunday Times and on Dispatches on Channel 4, Trevi, a charity Brand has worked with more than a year, said they had ‘ended their association’ with him.
The organisation that helps vulnerable women and children said it had been ‘deeply saddened and upset’ by the alleged victim’s stories adding its priority remains protecting the ‘safety and well-being of all women and girls’.
A photo of Brand still remains on the charity’s homepage, however, along with an article about how he is raising funds for Trevi at his new live show Bipolarisation in Plymouth on Tuesday.
Last night, comedian Russell Brand was accused of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse of four women following a bombshell investigation. Pictured: Brand leaving Troubabour Wembley Park theatre in north London following a live performance of his show
Following Channel 4’s Dispatches investigation into the alleged abuse, Trevi – a charity that supports vulnerable women and children – have cut all ties with Brand
On Brand’s charity website Stay Free, he lists several organisations he donates too
In a statement posted to its Instagram just hours after the shocking documentary was released Trevi said: ‘We are deeply saddened and upset by the stories reported on this evening’s Channel 4 Dispatches programme regarding Russell Brand.
‘Russell became aware of our charity in 2022 after hearing about some of the incredible mothers we have helped to become drug-free over the years. He wanted to support our cause and raise money through his Stay Free Foundation.
‘Today’s media revelations have been difficult to process but our priority remains and continues to be the safety and well-being of all women and girls now and in the future.
‘We have ended our association with Russell Brand and the Stay Free Foundation.
‘As a charity whose values put women’s voices at the heart of what we do, we always prioritise supporting women affected by violence and abuse and empower them to live without violence and fear.’
It added that it understood how the allegations could be triggering for some women and urged those who need support to contact The Survivor Pathway.
In the investigations, one woman alleged Brand raped her against the wall in his Los Angeles home when she was in her 30s. Another – whom he referred to as ‘the child’ – told how the presenter targeted her when was 16 years old and still at school, and he was aged 30.
Last night, the Met Police said it had been made ‘aware’ of media reports about ‘a series of allegations of sexual assault’ and urged any alleged victims to come forward.
But in an extra-ordinary preemptive fightback, Brand took to social media ahead of the 90-minute Dispatches documentary to the social media to ‘absolutely deny’ a string of ‘very serious criminal allegations’.
The comedian is also a supporter of several other organisations, including the Friendly House – an organisation in Los Angeles that provides women seeking recovery from alcohol and other substance use.
One of the charities Brand supports is the Friendly House in Los Angeles, California. He remains on their homepage and is set to host a lunch in October
Brand is also a supporter of the BAC O’Connor Centre, which helps provide rehabilitation for recovering addicts
As of this morning, Brand still appears on their homepage and seems set to host an awards lunch on Sunday 28 October in Beverley Hills.
The comedian, who has insisted that during his ‘time of promiscuity the relationships I had were absolutely always consensual’, also supports the BAC O’Connor Centre, in Staffordshire.
The organisation helps rehabilitate those recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.
A video of Brand, who is been open about his own struggles with addiction in the past, explaining why those suffering should choose the organisation.
The comedian’s charity Stay Free, which helps those with addiction, also donates money to the Treasure Foundation.
The foundation which helps women suffering from drug abuse in East London, however, has not shared any links with Brand since 2020.
MailOnline has contacted Trevi, the Friendly House, BAC O’Connor and the Treasure Foundation.
Just hours after the allegations first came to light, Brand took centre stage at Wembley Park Theatre in front of a crowd of 2,000 people.
He told fans as he continued his tour : ‘I really appreciate your support. I love you.
‘I’ve got a lot to talk to you about. There are obviously some things I absolutely cannot talk about and I appreciate that you will understand.’
Russell Brand’s comments in full:
Hello there you awakening wonders. Now this is not the usual type of video we make on this channel where we critique, attack and undermine the news in all its corruption because in this story I am the news.
I have received two extremely disturbing letters – or a letter and an email – one from a mainstream media TV company, one from a newspaper listing a litany of extremely egregious and aggressive attacks, as well as some pretty stupid stuff, like my community festival should be stopped and I shouldn’t be able to attack mainstream media narratives on this channel.
But amidst this litany of astonishing rather baroque attacks are some very serious allegations that I absolutely refute. These allegations pertain to a time when I was in the mainstream, when I was in the newspapers all the time, when I was in the movies, and as I’ve written about extensively in my books I was very, very promiscuous.
During that time of promiscuity the relationships I had were absolutely always consensual. I was always transparent about that then, almost too transparent, and I am being transparent about it now as well.
And to see that transparency metastasized into something criminal that I absolutely deny makes me question is there another agenda at play.
Particularly when we have seen coordinated media attacks before, like Joe Rogan where he dared to take a medicine the mainstream media didn’t approve of and we saw a spate of headlines of media outlets around the world using the same language.
I am aware that you guys in the comments have been for a while saying ‘watch out Russell, they’re coming for you,’ ‘you are getting too close to the truth’, ‘Russell Brand did not kill himself’.’
I know a year ago there was a spate of articles: Russell Brand is a conspiracy theorists; Russell Brand is right wing.
I am aware of newspapers making phone calls, sending letters to people I know. For ages and ages, it’s been clear to me or at least feels to be there’s a serious and consorted agenda to control these kinds of spaces and these kind of voices.
I need my voice along with your voice. I don’t mind them using my books and my stand up to talk about my promiscuous sexual conduct in the past. What I seriously refute are these very, very serious, criminal allegations.
Also its worth mentioning that there are witnesses whose evidence directly contradicts the narratives that these two mainstream media outlets are trying to construct, apparently in what seems to be to me a coordinated attack.
Now, I don’t want to get into this any further because of the serious nature of the allegations but I feel like I’m being attacked and plainly they are working very closely together.
We are obviously going to look into this matter because it is very, very serious.
In the meantime, I want you to stay close, stay awake but more importantly than any of that, if you can stay free.