Vinicius Jr’s agents have reportedly ‘advanced the possibility of the striker leaving Real Madrid’ because the striker has suffered ‘so many racist insults this season’.
According ESPNWhile the 22-year-old’s agents had put forward proposals to leave the club, the Brazilian reportedly “does not consider this idea, despite being on the edge”.
It comes after he was again subjected to racial slurs during Real Madrid’s 1-0 loss to Valencia on Sunday night.
Diego López scored for the hosts just before halftime, with Madrid pressing late in the game to equalize.
But with the ball out of play behind the goal, Vinicius claimed he had been racially abused by spectators in the stands, with the striker pointing at one person in particular, angrily pointing at him, before play was halted for several minutes.
Vinicius Jr’s (media) agents have reportedly ‘proposed the possibility of the striker leaving Real Madrid’
It comes after he’s been the target of multiple racist slurs throughout this season.
But the Brazilian allegedly ‘does not consider this idea [Real Madrid exit]despite being at the limit’
It treats of another occasion in which the Brazilian forward has been discriminated racially this season.
LaLiga recently filed its eighth complaint with the Spanish authorities after the winger suffered further abuse during their El Clásico defeat in March.
In ugly scenes at the Estadio Mestalla, Vinicius also received a red card for hitting Valencia’s Hugo Duro in the coals of the match.
After the game, his manager, Carlo Ancelotti, did not want to talk about football, instead being outraged by the incident, that once again, Vinicius had been racially insulted.
The Italian revealed what he had said to the referee during the match, telling reporters: “I told him he had to stop the match.” He told me that the protocol says that you have to report him, but they have insulted him from the first minute.
When asked how Vinicius was doing, the coach replied: “He’s very sad, angry… no, it’s sadness.” This can’t happen.
“Stop the game,” said Ancelotti, when asked what the solution was.
‘For me, it’s stopping the game. It is clear that this cannot continue, it is impossible. He is the player who receives the most fouls and the most insults.
The Brazilian, who has returned 23 goals and 21 assists in 53 games in all competitions this season, posted a photo to his Instagram tonight with the following caption.
“It was not the first time, nor the second nor the third time,” he wrote.
Racism is normal in LaLiga. The competition believes that it is normal, the Federation and the opponents also encourage it. very sorry
‘The championship that once belonged to Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cristiano and Messi, today belongs to racists. A beautiful nation that welcomed and loved me, but that agreed to export to the world the image of a racist country.
‘Sorry for the Spaniards who disagree, but today, in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists.
‘And unfortunately with everything that happens on a weekly basis, I have no way of defending myself. I agree.
‘But I am strong and I will go the distance against racists. Although it is far from here.
Meanwhile, Valencia has issued a public statement ‘condemning insults and attacks of all kinds in football’ after the incident.
Carlo Ancelotti (left) has revealed that he told the referee he “had to stop the match” after Vinicius was subjected to racial discrimination in Real Madrid’s 1-0 loss to Valencia on Sunday night.
The Italian (left) also said ‘it is clear that this cannot continue, it is impossible’ when recounting the incident.
After the game, Valencia issued a statement ‘publicly condemning insults and attacks of all kinds in football’
It says: ‘Valencia CF wishes to publicly condemn insults and attacks of all kinds in football.
“The club is firmly committed to the values of respect and fair play, and we reiterate our position against physical and verbal violence in stadiums. For this reason, we regret the events that occurred during the matchday 35 of LaLiga against Real Madrid.
“Although this is an isolated episode, insults to any opposing player have no place in football and do not fit with the values and identity of Valencia CF. The club is investigating what happened and will take the most severe measures against those responsible. Valencia CF also condemns any offense and requests the utmost respect for our fans.
“While strongly denouncing these isolated incidents, Valencia CF would like to thank the more than 46,000 fans in attendance for their support of the team.”