Wog Boy star Vince Colosimo may have his property seized by police as he continues to fight $65,000 in traffic fines he reportedly received while being disqualified
Australian actor Vince Colosimo may have to return to court as he continues to contest allegations that he received 169 traffic fines while disqualified from driving.
The Wog Boy Forever star is accused of receiving a whopping $65,215 in unpaid fines dating back to 2012.
Victoria will apply for an enforcement order against Colosimo at Melbourne Magistrates Court next month, The Herald Sun reported Saturday.
Officers could be given the power to search and seize his property or vehicles in order to sell and settle outstanding debts, the report adds.
A $60.20 administrative fee will also be added to his outstanding fines.
Australian actor Vince Colosimo (pictured) may have to return to court as he continues to contest allegations that he received 169 traffic fines while disqualified from driving
In October, Colosimo embarrassingly had to win the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court, running down an avenue trying to avoid a media pack.
Colosimo had pleaded guilty to drugs and driving without a license and not giving his real name to police.
The 2021 ugly incident during Melbourne’s harsh Covid-19 lockdowns saw him again convicted and fined, adding another $2,500 to his growing number of fines.
Film and legal sources close to Colosimo have told Daily Mail Australia that the star disputed the number and total dollar value of the fines he allegedly imposed.
“I don’t even think it’s possible to have so many fines… it sounds extremely high to have so many fines,” said a source.
Victoria will apply for an enforcement order against Colosimo at the Melbourne Magistrates Court next month, The Herald Sun reported Saturday. Officers could be given the power to search and seize his property or vehicles
Colosimo had been in court over his highly publicized charges of driving under the influence of drugs, posing as his twin when he was stopped by police.
The news of the unpaid fines seemed to come as a shock to both Colosimo and his lawyer George Vassis, who quickly turned to address his client behind him.
Prosecutor Bianca Moleta told the court that Colosimo had again lost his license twice due to demerit points, while he was disqualified for fines imposed on him in recent years while his license was revoked.
“While he has not been charged, that is a reflection of the fact that the Traffic Camera Office essentially does not communicate with Victoria Police, but those are included in his history of demerit points after his driver’s license was revoked,” she said.
In October, Colosimo was forced to embarrassingly leave Melbourne Magistrates’ Court by running into an alleyway in an attempt to avoid a media pack.
A source told the Daily Mail Australia that Colosimo claimed he did not incur the traffic fines himself because he had lent his Peugeot to a ‘mate’.
Colosimo and his legal team are said to be processing the fines to determine not only how they accrued, but also who was behind the wheel and when.
The court heard that Colosimo blames his mate for paying the lion’s share of the fines.
It is understood that Colosimo goes on to claim that most of the reports for the alleged breaches were sent to old addresses following several house moves and Covid-19 outages at Vicroads.