UK strep A death toll rises to 37

Muhammad Ibrahim Ali

The four-year-old attended Oakridge School and Nursery in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.

He died at home of cardiac arrest in mid-November after contracting a strep A infection.

They prescribed antibiotics.

His mother Shabana Kousar told the dollar free press: ‘The loss is great and nothing will replace it.

‘He was very helpful around the house and quite adventurous, he loved to explore and enjoyed forestry school, his best day was a Monday and he said Monday was the best day of the week.

Muhammad Ibrahim Ali, who attended Oakridge School and Nursery in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, died after contracting the bacterial infection.

Muhammad Ibrahim Ali, who attended Oakridge School and Nursery in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, died after contracting the bacterial infection.

hannah roap

The ‘bubbly’ and ‘beautiful’ seven-year-old is the only girl to have died from strep A in Wales so far.

Her devastated parents recounted how their ‘hearts had broken into a million pieces’.

The first signs of infection were mild. Hannah’s father, Abul, took his daughter to the GP after her cough worsened overnight.

She was prescribed steroids and sent home, but she died less than 12 hours later.

Mr Roap recalled how he desperately tried to resuscitate his daughter: “She stopped breathing at 8pm, but we didn’t know right away because she was sleeping.”

‘I did CPR, I tried to revive her but it didn’t work. Paramedics arrived and continued CPR, but it was too late.

Roap said the family was “totally devastated” and awaited responses from the hospital.

The family believes that he could have survived if he had been given antibiotics initially.

Hanna Roap, who attended Victoria Primary School in Penarth, Wales, died after contracting strep A last month.  Her family says they are 'traumatized' by her death.

Hanna Roap, who attended Victoria Primary School in Penarth, Wales, died after contracting strep A last month.  Her family says they are 'traumatized' by her death.

Hanna Roap, who attended Victoria Primary School in Penarth, Wales, died after contracting strep A last month. Her family says they are ‘traumatized’ by her death.

Stella Lily McCorkindale

Five-year-old Stella-Lily McCokindale died after a strep A infection, the first death from the infection in Northern Ireland.

He died on December 5 at the Royal Belfast Hospital.

In a tribute on social media, her father, Robert, said the couple had “loved every minute” of being together as they rode their scooters and bikes.

“If the prayers, the thoughts, the feelings and the love had worked, she would have walked out of the hospital holding her dad’s hand,” he said.

Stella-Lily attended Black Mountain Elementary School, which she said was “a bright and talented child” and described her death as a “tragic loss”.

Five-year-old Stella-Lily McCokindale, who attended Black Mountain Primary School in Belfast, died in early December after contracting Strep A

Five-year-old Stella-Lily McCokindale, who attended Black Mountain Primary School in Belfast, died in early December after contracting Strep A

Five-year-old Stella-Lily McCokindale, who attended Black Mountain Primary School in Belfast, died in early December after contracting Strep A

Jax Albert Jefferys

A five-year-old boy who died of strep A has been misdiagnosed with the flu, his family said.

Jax Albert Jefferys, of Waterlooville, Hampshire, died on December 1.

His mother, Charlene, recounted how she had sought medical attention three times in the four days before Jax’s death and was told he was suffering from influenza A. She described Jax as a “cheerful little cheeky one.”

Subsequent tests revealed that she actually had strep A.

Jax Albert Jefferys, a five-year-old boy from Waterlooville, Hampshire, died on December 1 of Strep A

Jax Albert Jefferys, a five-year-old boy from Waterlooville, Hampshire, died on December 1 of Strep A

Jax Albert Jefferys, a five-year-old boy from Waterlooville, Hampshire, died on December 1 of Strep A

.