Customers run for their lives after sparklers on cake set roof decorations on fire in shisha bar

Scary moment: Customers run for their lives after sparklers on cake set ceiling decorations on fire at shisha-filled bar

  • Customers can be seen running to escape the bar in Rusholme, Manchester
  • Several people were taken to hospital with suspected burns.
  • Fire chiefs released the video in an attempt to prevent fires at hospitality venues.
  • It follows a similar incident at Bar 186 in Manchester city center on New Year’s Eve.

<!–

<!–

<!–<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

This is the shocking moment a huge fire engulfs a packed shisha bar after sparklers in a cake set ceiling decorations ablaze.

Terrified customers can be seen running to escape the bar on Wilmslow Road in Rusholme, Manchester, on May 27.

Security camera footage shows the decorations catching fire, causing flames to glow on the ceiling as revelers rush out.

Several people were taken to hospital with suspected burns, although no one was seriously injured.

Terrified patrons can be seen running to escape the bar on Wilmslow Road in Rusholme on May 27.

Terrified patrons can be seen running to escape the bar on Wilmslow Road in Rusholme on May 27.

The Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) released the dramatic video in a bid to prevent similar incidents at hospitality venues.

The Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) released the dramatic video in a bid to prevent similar incidents at hospitality venues.

The Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) released the dramatic video in a bid to prevent similar incidents at hospitality venues.

CCTV footage shows the decorations catching on fire, causing fire to flash across the ceiling as revelers rush out.

CCTV footage shows the decorations catching on fire, causing fire to flash across the ceiling as revelers rush out.

CCTV footage shows the decorations catching on fire, causing fire to flash across the ceiling as revelers rush out.

Several people were taken to hospital with suspected burns, although no one was seriously injured.

Several people were taken to hospital with suspected burns, although no one was seriously injured.

Several people were taken to hospital with suspected burns, although no one was seriously injured.

It followed a similar incident at Bar 186 in Manchester city center on New Year’s Eve 2021 when a fire broke out after fireworks inside set the bar’s decorations ablaze.

The Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) released the dramatic video in a bid to prevent similar incidents at hospitality venues.

The film is being shared ahead of the busy Halloween season, the World Cup and the Christmas party to show how quickly fires can spread.

Fire chiefs said they wanted to encourage business owners and managers to attend online workshops for the hospitality sector.

GMFRS’s Leon Parkes said: ‘Hospitality venues have a responsibility to keep their customers and staff safe.

It followed a similar incident at Bar 186 in Manchester city center on New Year's Eve 2021 when a fire broke out after fireworks inside set the bar's decorations ablaze.

It followed a similar incident at Bar 186 in Manchester city center on New Year's Eve 2021 when a fire broke out after fireworks inside set the bar's decorations ablaze.

It followed a similar incident at Bar 186 in Manchester city center on New Year’s Eve 2021 when a fire broke out after fireworks inside set the bar’s decorations ablaze.

‘We want to help businesses understand their legal responsibilities and take steps to protect their property, staff and customers from fire.

“We have seen a couple of cases in the last year in Manchester where fires have broken out in venues caused by indoor fireworks lighting decorations.

“While fires fortunately don’t happen very often, the impact of a fire can be devastating and many businesses don’t recover.

‘Pubs, bars and other places will be very, very busy during October, November and December.

“It’s important that staff prepare by training on what to do and not inadvertently create a fire hazard.”

.