Fatima Whitbread, who placed third with I’m a Celeb in 2011, told Jungle Confidential that Boy George was a “good signing” but not value for money.
The former athlete, 61, said the pop star ‘did a good job’ of bringing controversy and drama to the camp, but he left a little early to justify his reported £500,000 fee.
Jungle Confidential, our daily video podcast about everything I’m a celebrity, is available Monday through Friday on MailOnline and on our YouTube channel. It will also be available as a podcast on all your favorite streaming services and Mail+, all for free.
Fatima told podcast host Katie Hind that people tune in to see camp life and celebrities see themselves and “is really what people tune in to” and that Boy George “brought that to camp.”
She said: ‘He was quite controversial. He said what he thought. He was true to himself and behaved as he would normally behave at home.’
Fatima Whitbread told Jungle Confidential that Boy George was a ‘good asset’ but not worth his reported £500,000 fee
Boy George was the fourth celebrity to be evicted from I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here this year
Fatima, who appeared on the show in 2011, said Boy George was a good asset, but not half a million to the world
The champion javelin thrower said Seann Walsh should be the next celebrity to be evicted
Fatima continued, “Whether you liked him or not. I thought he was a good addition to the camp.
‘I’m not saying worth half a million pounds, but at the same time, you know. I mean he did a good job, I mean no less than anyone else in that camp.
The retired javelin thrower shared her thoughts on who should be eliminated next, and believes it’s comedian Seann Walsh’s ‘turn to go’.
Fatima, who finished third when appearing on I’m A Celeb, also predicted her last three as Mike Tindall, Jill Scott and Owen Warner – whom she described as a “good boy.”
She added, “I wouldn’t put Matt in those last three on principle.”
Fatima also said she would have felt uncomfortable if she had been in the camp with Mr. Hancock and that she thinks other campmates would have felt the same way.
Fatima made her feelings about MP Matt Hancock clear and said she would not put him in the final three
Stuck in Oz: The singer, 61, was voted off the show on Tuesday night and is ‘desperate’ to go home but is contractually obliged to stay in Australia until the ITV series has finished
Boy George has been denied permission to fly back to the UK from Australia after the homesick star demanded an exemption from the I’m A Celeb final.
The diva-like singer was voted off the show on Tuesday night and is ‘desperate’ to go home but is contractually obliged to stay in Australia until the ITV series has finished.
He also snapped to do ITV’s post-exit interviews, failing to appear on any of the channel’s morning shows on the day of his eviction.
Sources close to the Karma Chameleon star told MailOnline, “He wanted to go straight home, he doesn’t want to hang around.”
They continued, “If he had his way, he was already on a plane, but he wasn’t allowed to do that.
“His goal in going into the jungle was for the world to see the stripped-down version of him, with no hair, makeup, costumes, or hats — he didn’t care how far he went in the competition.
“The fact that he has to stay in Australia for days now is an annoyance to him, he’s not worried about sticking around for the final, but that’s what he has to do.
“He’s traveled the world his entire career and seen Australia before, so there’s really no reason for him to be here, especially since he’s not concerned with catching up with his co-stars on the other side.”
MailOnline has reached out to George’s representatives for comment.
The diva-like behavior continued after Wednesday night’s show, in which George disapproved of Babatúndé Aléshé’s homecoming party after becoming the fifth celebrity to be dropped from the show.
He was the only former camp mate not to greet his co-star at the luxury Marriott hotel, refusing to join the friends and family who gathered to congratulate comedian Baba after leaving the hotel reception, which has been a jungle tradition for years.
While George was not present, Baba, 36, was welcomed home by his former campmates Charlene White, Scarlette Douglas and Sue Cleaver, as well as Matt Hancock’s girlfriend Gina Coladangelo, who embraced him with a hug.
It’s fair to say that George has earned a reputation as a diva in the jungle.
Not present: The diva-like behavior continued after Wednesday night’s show, in which George disapproved of Babatúndé Aléshé’s homecoming party
He enraged his campmates by meditating loudly all night and has been caught complaining about his co-stars, mainly Matt Hancock.
Unlike his ousted co-stars, including Charlene White, Scarlette Douglas and Sue Cleaver, the 1980s icon feels no obligation to continue supporting his campmates, having previously admitted to friends that he didn’t care when he was expelled and was not. sign up for the show to make friends.
He will now stay at the JW Marriott Gold Coast hotel alongside the other evicted campmates and their friends and family, as well as his sister and cousin, who have joined him in Australia.
During his time in the jungle, he accused his campmates of not “being himself,” but when Ant and Dec questioned him about who he meant, he declined to comment.
He also threatened to leave the show altogether when Hancock arrived, telling viewers that if his ailing mother had died during the pandemic, he would have left the series.
Not a fan: George has built a reputation as a diva in the jungle. He enraged his campmates by meditating loudly and has been caught complaining about Matt Hancock
George said, “It’s hard for me because if anything had happened, if my mother had gone, I would have gone when he came in.”
George was in the Australian jungle for 18 days before finding himself in the bottom two alongside his good friend, radio DJ Chris Moyles.
He reportedly earned the highest fee to appear on the series this year, earning a whopping £500,000 for his jungle stint.
The singer told hosts Ant and Dec on Tuesday he was “happy” to leave camp, adding: “I’m so looking forward to regaining control.”
Looking good: He was the first contestant in the show’s history to modify the uniform celebrities are forced to wear, telling MailOnline he didn’t seek permission from ITV
He was the first contestant in the show’s history to modify the uniform that celebrities are required to wear, telling MailOnline before entering the jungle that he had not asked permission from ITV to make the style changes.
George said, “Well, I didn’t ask permission. They sent me the hat and it was just too small. So I just chopped it up.
“To be honest, you know, I got two shirts. I didn’t think I’d get away with that. I just did it.’