Armed cops descend on Sussex house and arrest man following reports of multiple shots fired

Armed officers attack Sussex home and arrest man after ‘suspected gunman fired multiple shots’

  • Squad of heavily armed police officers responded to a gun incident in Hastings
  • A man was arrested and a weapon seized as police told the public to stay away

Police warned the public to stay away as officers swarmed the scene of an ‘armed incident’ in Hastings after reports of gunfire.

A man was arrested in connection with the incident, Sussex Police said shortly before midnight on Tuesday evening.

Police were called to the scene in response to shots reportedly fired at a vehicle in Theaklan Drive in Hastings at around 7.10pm.

Shortly afterwards, officers received a report of an armed man on a nearby street.

Squads of armed police swarmed the scene where shots were reportedly fired in Hastings

A man was arrested and a firearm seized after police secured the area and warned the public to stay away

A man was arrested and a firearm seized after police secured the area and warned the public to stay away

A large number of heavily armed police officers responded to both scenes, asking people to stay away.

Photos show teams of officers wearing body armor and tactical gear in Hastings last night.

Police were armed with automatic weapons, including rifles and pistols, as they secured the area.

A helicopter from the National Police Aviation Service was also in support.

No injuries have been reported in connection with the incident and it is not being treated as a terror-related threat.

A firearm was seized during the arrest of the man involved, Sussex police said yesterday.

Superintendent Jayantha Mendis-Gunasekera, of Hastings Command, said: ‘Due to the nature of the reports we received, it was imperative that we respond accordingly, and this included calling on our neighboring forces for support.

Fortunately, no injuries were reported and we can confirm that it is not being treated as a terror-related incident.

Police said neighboring troops had been called in on Tuesday evening to respond to the armed incident

Police said neighboring troops had been called in on Tuesday evening to respond to the armed incident

Sussex Police said no injuries were reported after the incident involving multiple shots

Sussex Police said no injuries were reported after the incident involving multiple shots

“I realize this will have been of great concern to the local community, who can expect an increased police presence in the area in the meantime.

“There were a number of people around at the time and I request anyone who saw what happened to come forward. You can report online or via 101, stating Operation Beaumont.

“I want to commend the officers involved for their prompt support, and I also want to thank the public for their patience and understanding as our investigation into this fast-moving investigation continues.”

.