Al-Nassr match OFF due to heavy rain causing electrical problems in the stadium

BREAKING NEWS: Al-Nassr’s match has been CANCELED due to heavy rains causing electrical problems at the stadium in Riyadh – with fans desperate to see if exiled new signing Cristiano Ronaldo will make his debut

  • Al-Nassr’s game on Thursday has been postponed due to heavy rain in Riyadh
  • It means Cristiano Ronaldo’s potential Al-Nassr debut has been put on hold
  • Heavy rain caused electrical problems in the stadium, leading to the decision

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

Cristiano Ronaldo’s Saudi Arabian debut was suspended after torrential rain ravaged his new club’s ground with electrical problems, causing Thursday’s game to be postponed.

Hundreds of staff including security, chefs and stadium staff were kept outside with the gates locked as confusion reigned over whether the game was going ahead.

Officials told MailOnline that the stadium was empty due to the game due to start in two hours.

Groups of chefs in their white uniforms and several hundred black-clad security officers stood outside the locked gates.

Supporters in the club’s yellow and blue colors stood bewildered as to why there had been no official announcement.

The player entrance at gate nine was sealed and unguarded.

Both police officers and security officials told MailOnline that they had been told the match was off.

The field looked lush green and showed no signs of turning into a swamp.

But in a statement, al Nassr said: “Due to heavy rain and weather conditions affecting the stadium’s electricity, we have been officially informed that tonight’s match against Al Ta’i has been postponed for 24 hours.

“We apologize for any inconvenience to fans and wish everyone a safe journey.”

The cancellation adds to the embarrassment for Al-Nassr, who has spent more than £400 million to secure Ronaldo services for the next two and a half years.

A fan Mohammed Quaam, 20, said he was disappointed.

“It’s crazy that they can spend so much money for one player and then not even have enough electricity safely in the ground,” he said.

Ronaldo was still able to defy the FA ban on him and make his debut for Al Nassr in their next match

Ronaldo was still able to defy the FA ban on him and make his debut for Al Nassr in their next match

Ronaldo was still able to defy the FA ban on him and make his debut for Al Nassr in their next match

Ronaldo is yet to serve a two-match ban from the Football Association in November for knocking a phone out of an Everton fan's hand during a game last season

Ronaldo is yet to serve a two-match ban from the Football Association in November for knocking a phone out of an Everton fan's hand during a game last season

Ronaldo has yet to serve a two-match ban from the English Football Association in November for knocking a phone out of an Everton fan’s hand during a match last season

My heroes are Messi and Ronaldo and I dream of seeing them play. I hope he can play when this game takes place.’

Ronaldo’s expected debut tonight had already been denied by FIFA due to the Football Association’s two match ban, which he has yet to serve, while he was a Manchester United player.

But the club, which did not disclose whether it would comply with the ban, remained tight-lipped on whether he would have played.

A senior police officer told MailOnline that the match was ‘100% canceled’ and will take place on Friday night.

.